- AB 890 (Wood): Thank you to all who took the time to write the Governor and express their opposition to this Bill which allows NP's to work independently. Unfortunately, despite the efforts by many specialties of medicine, the Bill was signed into law by Governor Newsom. Aside from showing increased medical costs of practicing medicine without proper diagnostic skills, our argument lacked the hard facts connecting NP independent practice with worse patient outcomes. The CSPS Legislative Committee and PAC are working on trying to restrict NP autonomous privileges to fields of medicine that deal with primary care and not elective cosmetic procedures.
- SB 1159 (Hill): Codifies the guidelines of determining whether an employee who contracts Covid-19 can declare it being work related.
- AB 685 (Reyes): Defines steps and employer needs to take within 48hrs if an employee tests positive for Covid-19
- AB 1753 (Low) & AB 149 (Cooper): Phase in period for Serialized Prescription Pads to 1-2021. Please update your controlled substance prescription pads now in anticipation of the new January 1, 2021 requirements.
- The Medical Board of California is increasing License and renewal fees from .00 to .00 to cover increased costs of conducting business.